17 Things Dancers Did During The Coronavirus Lockdown
Because of the Coronavirus, there is still a lockdown in some places around the world, while in other areas, the government adopted more relaxed regulations.
What is certain is that every single one of us had to stay safe in their homes for quite a long time.
All of us missed dancing. We even created a list of what you miss about dancing, a few weeks ago. This time, we asked you how you filled your spare time during the Coronavirus lockdown and how you maintained the love for dancing alive, and here is what we found out:
1. You trained in the garden at least 8 times.
2. Listened to your favorite dance songs. Probably The Empress Orchestra or Tito Puente was for sure on the playlist.
3. You’ve looked through your old dancing photos. Don’t worry, nostalgia hit us all.
4. You read a lot of books. (Book suggestion from one of our followers: Latin – Thinking Sensing and Doing in Latin American Dancing by Ruud Vremeij)
5. Stretching while watching your favorite TV show.
6. You’ve meditated so that you keep a healthy mind and spirit.
7. Practicing your dance routines by yourself. Don’t worry; knowing your steps and timing without your partner’s help is always good!
8. You’ve worked on technique. Going back to basics is always a good idea!
9. You jogged quite a lot. Well, cardio exercises are the best for a dancer’s stamina.
10. Keeping fit by doing home workouts.
11. You’ve watched endless YouTube videos of your favorite dancers.
12. You have at least 5 new ideas for your choreographies.
13. Doing Yoga/ Pilates every morning.
14. You’ve watched online courses on Dancesportlife Academy .
15. Watched the tons of Instagram Live sessions everyone did.
16. You had at least one private lesson online with your teacher.
17. You did nothing! And that is fine too! It’s been a hard time for all of us, and everyone dealt with this period in their way.
To all of the dancers and dance enthusiasts out there:
We know it’s a tough time, maybe some of you are feeling hopeless and even want to quit dancing. Do not ever forget why you love this sport and art form! Just keep your spirits up that this uncertain and sad period will end!
The post 17 Things Dancers Did During The Coronavirus Lockdown appeared first on Dancesport Life.