Note- The vice president of the Moscow DanceSport Federation, Victor Nikolaevich Dekistov, has prepared this important material on the preparation of the dancers of low categories («G» to «C») to dance the program of Standard, which will be interest for teachers, judges and current dancers.
The dancers should know:
1. Move with the center of gravity maintaining the position;
2. Place the support foot just below its center of gravity (accuracy – 1 cm);
3. Perform the transfer of the weight exactly with the time of the music to the desired position (at the base of the fingers – up, or at the heel – down);
4. Move smoothly along the vertical axis, using first the sole of the foot, and then the knees;
5. Carry your elbows carefully; the elbows should not make sudden and chaotic movements, but should draw smooth arcs in the space (1 cm);
6. Move the weight of a cake to another smoothly;
7. Never stretch the knees completely (it must be about 3-5 cm below).
Ways to achieve the objectives marked (point by point):
1. When moving forward, move the column forward keeping its verticality; When we change back we try to move the whole surface of «the skin of the back»;
2. We control the movement of our center of gravity and «catch our weight with the foot» (in most cases). Keep in mind that with the strong note of music the foot should not touch the ground, but must «bear the weight of the leather» completely, with the base of the fingers – up, or with the heel – down;
3. For the exact understanding of the rhythm of the dance it is useful to «beat the rhythm» with the hands, usually among all the dancers of the group;
4. To practice the smoothness of vertical movement, it makes sense to make ups and downs of the body with English waltz music. One compass for the climb, another for the descent;
5. To practice the position and movement of objects you can use plastic bottle caps. The plugs are placed on the elbows or forearms of the dancer, and this has to dance the great square of English valleys without the plugs falling. Later on you can dance like that all the choreography, also in pairs;
6. Walking on tiptoe: one step in two seconds, extremely soft and moving little by little the weight of one cake to the other;
7. Walk on tiptoe with knees slightly bent.
-Preparation of the boys of lower classes (G to C) for the interpretation of the Standard program:
1. The boy never caught the girl to himself with his right hand, the force of the pressure should not exceed 100 grams;
2. The boy should remember that he dances with 4 legs – his and those of his partner. The boy must control all four legs to never step on the girl clearly ahead;
3. The boy’s right hand should form a «little stick», touch the base of his big toe the torso / edge connection point of the girl;
4. The left side of the boy should have «the acute elbow» and «the wrist concave», the hand should be approximately 20 cm above the elbow.
Preparation of girls from lower classes (G to C) for the interpretation of the Standard program:
1. The girl is always responsible for the contact in the Standard program, the boy never draws her to himself with his right hand. The task of the girl is to monitor that her cost is lower, she is always in contact with the boy with a pressure of no more than 200 grams. The girl gives in to the movement of the boy maintaining the force of the necessary contact in the case of the movement «towards her», and follows the boy maintaining that contact force in the case of the movement «of her»;
2. The girl must get used to feel the intermittent contact with the boy’s legs, follow his legs with punctuality;
3. The girl has always moved her weight «the second», a thousandth of a second after the boy, and never the first!
4. The girl must control the synchronization of her vertical movement with the boy, she should feel the movement of the boy in vertical using her foot and knee;
5. The left hand of the girl must be in contact with the right side of the body with a force not exceeding 50 grams;
6. The right of the girl must be «left» to the boy to the maximum, forward and far, the girl should never throw the boy «towards her».
Dekistov V.N., vice president of the Federation of Dancesport in Moscow, director of the Prometeo dance and sports complex; Moscow.
source: DANCESPORT DANCERS Channel
Interview to Mr. Andrius Kandelis international trainer, and organizer of INTERNATIONAL SUMMER CAMP KANDELA
Please Andrius tell us about you when did you start to be a part of the Dancesport world?
I started dancing when I was 6 years old. In the beginning it was just a fun for me, till the moment when I started to win competitions. Results went up when I was in the Youth group.We were Champions in Lithuania in Youth and semifinalist in world championship. Since then I continued my career as an amateur. We were finalists of the World Championship, won 4th place in European Championchip and 2 times became world Cup winners.
Tell us something about your work in Dancesport Club KANDELA and your professional activity.
I am the owner of dance sport club Kandela. Different age groups of dancers practice here. Children start at the age of 4 and the most successful reach the professional level. With those who are interested we always go to compete in the international competitions around the world. Apart from sport dance, in KANDELA we also have Joga, gimnastic, salsa, ballet classes.
Explain please to the audience about your Club, your couples
Dance studio Kandela was established in 2008.
Since then, we have won many champions in a different categories. They were representing Lithuania at the World Championships and European Championships. Dance sport club Kandela is one of the biggest club in Lithuania.
Andrius, when did you start to organize International Training Camp KANDELA?
The International summer dance training camp KANDELA was started to be organized in 2011. The best teachers from all over the world come here to share their professional knowledge and develop participants‘ dancing skills. Every year, the camp is gaining new momentum and better quality.
Do you organize any event or competition else?
Yes, I organise the winter dance camp in Lithuania every year befor the national Lithuanian championship. The idea of competition is in my near future.
When the next Training Camp KANDELA be held? Is the registration already open?
The next International summer dance training camp KANDELA will be held in 2019 July 1st up to 2019 July 6th. It will be one of the biggest dance camp in the world. There will be about 20 teachers from different countrys. REGISTRATION IS ALREADY OPEN.
How many couples do you expect this year?
We expect about 100 couples to arrive. The organisers guarantee high level of coaching. Lecturers and practitioners have great experience in winning.
There are several Camps organized in the area, how is your event different from the others?
This International summer dance training camp KANDELA will stand out with great physical preparation. Also, there will be exclusive Standard and Latin coaches in the camp. The agenda will start early in the morning and continue until the evening. Jogging, ballet, lectures, privat sessions, will be present in INTERNATIONAL SUMMER DANCE TRAINING CAMP KANDELA 2019 1st – 6th of July.
EVERYBODY IS WELCAME TO THIS AMAZING INTERNATIONAL SUMMER DANCE TRAINING CAMP KANDELA 2019 IN LITHUANIA
REGISTRATION IS ALREADY OPEN
Alexánder Gascón & Alexandra Zaiko Spanish winners Junior 1 10 dances (*PREMIUM COUPLE PROGRAM)
On Thursday 6th December, 2018, Spanish Champions of 8 Dances Junior 1 dances, Alexánder Gascón & Alexandra Zaiko (ELITE CLUB-VALENCIA) were proclaimed winners, winning all dances.
The Championship of Spain was held in Guadalajara, near Madrid. The competition was established among 28 couples from all over Spain.
Trainers Valera Zaiko, Yulia Zaiko, and parents thank the other teachers with whom the couple works frequently: Lorera Costa (Spain), Guillem Pascual (Spain) Ilya Danilov (Russia).
GORGEOUS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ADULT STANDARD IN VIENNA. 17-18 NOVEMBER 2018. Chronicle, results, photos and videos
This Saturday, November 17, in Vienna, the Standard World Championship was held. The technical and inspired dance of Dmitry Zharkov and Olga Kulikova allowed them to regain the title of world champion! For the fourth consecutive year!
Dmitry and Olga have risen to the highest step of the podium of the main tournament of the year!
As expected, the representatives of Lithuania Evaldas Sodeika and Eva Zukauskaite became the winners of the silver medal.
The bronze was taken by Francesco Galuppo and Debora Pacini from Italy.
The fourth position was obtained by the vice champions of 2018, Evgeny Moshenin and Dana Spitsyna.
In total, 81 couples participated in the World Championship.
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WDSF STANDARD
1. Dmitry Zharkov – Olga Kulikova, RUS
2. Evaldas Sodeika – Ieva Zukauskaite, LTU
3. Francesco Galuppo – Debora Pacini, ITA
4. Evgeny Moshenin – Dana Spitsyna, RUS
5. Vaidotas Lacitis – Veronika Golodneva, LTU
6. Anton Skuratov – Alena Uehlin, GER